Mar 12, 2010

Thomas The Train Afghan


After starting  a Fire Truck Blanket for my oldest son, I have decided that I need to make a Thomas the Train Blanket for my youngest.  This is the start of the tracks.

Here is the blanket about half way done.  You can start to see Thomas's Smile.  There is such a good feeling to see the progress of a blanket as you are making it.
Almost done.  I am excited to see just how amazing this looks.  It is a little off, but as I have said before I am learning and I am always seeing what I can do to make my crochet that much better.


6 comments:

  1. Ok...seening you with this blanket has made me deside I will use this pattern for my grandson. LOVE IT!!!! I would love to see the finished blanket. Can you send me a pix of it? Also have you don't any other blankets like this? My grandson loves Elmo and I think I might do that for is birthday since it looks really easy.
    Julie
    julieanna61@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I have started this blanket doing single crochet with sport/baby weight yarn. I am about 10 rows in and am a little concerned that the picture on the blanket is going to be distorted. So far the blanket is wider than what this instruction state. I was wondering if you had any issues!
    Thank you!
    Amanda
    amandascrochet@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it seemed that way to me but it does get better as you go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know! I didn't want to rip it apart and start over!

    Amanda
    * Sorry if you tried to email, for some reason I haven't been able to access it lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can I get the pattern for this? My son would love it!

    ReplyDelete